Making it around to my blog has been next to impossible for over a month now. I’m very behind in sharing the crazy quilting things I’ve received or worked on. This day is not fit for man nor beast outside so maybe I can manage getting a post up when I take a break from pickle making. Would you believe I found over thirty pounds of pickling cucumbers…fresh and pretty…in December? You may, but I was amazed. I believe finding the cucumbers was a huge hug from God. My pickle stash was almost gone, and He knew I needed the cucumbers to make more. (God definitely cares about the little things.) Now back to crazy patch…but I had to praise God for His goodness.
A while back I took part in a three-way heart swap. One was from Stephanie and the other was made by Cris. I’ve not yet shared it. It’s another beauty.
I also swapped a heart with Marianne…she said she loves it, but o how I wish I could make changes to it now. I’m not at all happy with the work I did on the top portion of the heart. Still, it was made with love and well received. I don’t know why I didn’t trim it before I took the picture and mailed it Marianne…
Since my last round robin update I’ve taken my turn on two blocks and mailed them on their way to the next stitcher. I worked on a Kate Greenaway block and a gray study block. I’m trying to add something I’ve never done before on any block I work on (after testing it on a doodle cloth).
The Greenaway block belongs to Nark (Nancy from Arkansas). It’s from the Kate Greenaway Round Robin going on at WWCQ. The block is made completely of beautiful silk. I don’t seem to have a picture of her whole block so I am sharing close-ups of the work I did. Here is one taken before I started working on the it.
I beaded a grape vine on Nark’s block. This is the first time I’ve stitched a beaded grape vine on anyone’s rr block. I love the outcome and hope Nark will, too. The technique is one I learned from Nancy Eha’s Bead Creative Like Crazy. I also stitched the scalloped seam treatment with detached chain and bead flowers.
This shot is a close-up of the spider web and spider I added to Nark’s block. I also stitched the sheaf stitch above the spider web to embellish a tiny seam and the seam treatment below the web. For it I used the straight stitch, bullion stitch and colonial knot.
The last picture shows an overview of the work done by me. I also added the pretty Nicki Lee Venice lace butterfly.
What started out to be a short post has ended up being a bit long so I am going to close this one out and share the gray study in another post. I didn’t realize I’ve completed two gray blocks rr blocks and a one gray one of my own (my July CQJP 2013 block…I’m a wee bit behind) without posting them.
Until next time…
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high. Hebrews 1:3