My kombucha brewing was a success. The brewing time finally ended, and there was no colorful, fuzzy mold growing on it. I achieved making healthy kombucha tea. This morning I started a two new batches, one with the new scoby and one with the original. I am not sure the old one will work again, but it was worth the tea and sugar to find out. I am also trying to make a new scoby with starter kombucha and freshly brewed black tea and sugar in a quart jar…no scoby. I saw where that method works and had to try.
Here’s a picture of my kombucha prior to removing the scoby and straining the tea.
After starting the new batches, I ended up with about three quarts of kombucha tea to enjoy. Enjoy it, I will.
Until next time…
Rejoice evermore. 1 Thessalonians 5:16