Posts Tagged ‘thrift store makeover’

Angry Chicken hosts a “Tie One On” apron-crafting challenge.  This month the theme is “make an apron using materials from your stash ONLY”.  Several days ago I selected an old (not vintage), embroidered muslin pillow sham from my reusable linen stash.  I picked it up at a close-out store years ago with making something out of it, because the sham was not made for practical use.  It was designed like an envelope so I cut a bib, skirt and two pockets from the embroidered portions of the sham.  I used a lavender blender the back of the bib, the neck tie and the ties.  Here’s what I came up with.


If you are a sewer…why not join in the fun and tie one on?

Until next time…

I don’t know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow. ~ unknown ~


Read Full Post »

My Barcelona skirt made the cut.  After placing the pattern on my fabric two or three times, I managed to fit all the pieces parts in a way it worked out, if no other place, in my mind.  After a little finagling I figured out how to fit the apron pieces in…it will be an improvised version of Amy’s, but that’s ok.  I like to improvise.  Unique is good.  If I’m wrong…it’s too late to turn back now, because it’s cut out; ready to stitch when my Baby returns.  I’ve got a whopping $1.55 tied up in this skirt.   I still need to cut out a lining…but don’t have that part figured out yet.  I think I’ve got another “stash building” pursuit on the rise. 










I do wonder if the skirt will look too youngish with the apron overlay…As much as I love aprons…it won’t matter.  I’ll wear it anyway.  Besides…most days I’m feeling pretty youngish.  I expect the skinnier I get…the younger I feel. 

I’ve got more to share, but time is short.

Until next time…

keep in mind…

A stitch in time saves nine. 

It can also save a lot of embarrassment.  🙂

Read Full Post »

I had apron making fever today, and I want to share what I came up with.  My plans were to make a denim apron from a blue jean leg, That didn’t happen.  The “just right” leg eluded me, but as I searched through my remake project stash,  a wrap around, mini-skirt made of wonderful fabric caught my eye.  I bought it a while back, because it looked like it would make a great apron.   I removed one panel and used the fabric to make a large, divided pocket and made ties with a fabric remnant from my stash…total output was about $3.00.  All in all the results are pleasing.












Until next time…


Do things your way and you get your results.  Do things God’s way and you get God’s results.

Read Full Post »

%d bloggers like this: